Saturday, December 18, 2021

THIS had better not be my fifteen minutes of fame...

 Dear god in heaven, what the holy blue fuck.

When I sit down to make a new post, I check my stats first. To see if there is anyone out there, anywhere, picking up what I'm putting down.

So far, so not really. Oh, I do have hits. Sometimes up to twenty a day. From all over the world. For ONE. STINKING. PAGE. A page entitled, "Time doth flit; oh, shit." People from all over the whole entire world are looking up this phrase, I guess to see what it means? And my blog entry usually comes up right near the top in the searches. Occasionally it's the first one. Yes, I check this. Hoping it will not be true.

This...just floors me. And frustrates me, will I be principally known as the blogger who provided an explanation for who said this and possibly what it means. It's like...going viral for pointing at the exit in a clever way, "This way to the Great EGRESS." Except in this version that's what people wanted.

Okay, that analogy doesn't quite work like I want it too.

Yes, I could change the title of the post. At least, I think that would work. Eventually it would stop showing up in searches. Or I could delete the page all together. But I shouldn't have to! For one, it has a brief story about an interaction with sons. And for another, MY OWN SPARKLING WIT AND PERSONALITY SHOULD WIN OUT!!!!

Okay. Okay. I'm just going to delete the offending material. I mean, edit the page.

Your days are numbered, Dottie. Victory will be mine!!

There. Done. I win. You can't make me be famous for something stupid! Only I can make myself famous for something stupid!

No comments:

Post a Comment