Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Talk about your favourite pair of shoes and why you love them so much

My favorite pair of shoes are a cheap pair of boots I bought at Target. They're a sort of faux combat boot look, with laces up the front and zippers on the inside. Why do I love them so much? Well, they look like combat boots, first of all. That's so basic, hm? But really if I could afford to have several pairs of real old school leather combat boots I would, but proper military grade combat boots cost more than I can afford to plunk down on shoes I'd only wear three or four months out of the year.  Black or brown leather, proper laces. I just like the way they look. 

Women's Corcoran 10" Original Jump Boots


These are the classic jump boot, the regular issue combat boot doesn't have the cap toe. I know this because first husband (ex) was in the 82nd Airborne when I married him. 

Don't they just look soooo classic? Yes, yes they do. And the boots you can find in regular shoe stores that are called combat boots, they are just not this awesome.

So, I don't have $164 plus shipping and handling to shell out those sweet boots.



Instead, I paid about thirty-five dollars for these at Target, three or four years ago. They had them in brown too and I wish I'd gotten those too. I don't like the zip up but it's nearly impossible to find boots that don't have a zip on the inside nowadays. 

So WHY do I like these boots so much? Hm...well, they put a couple inches on me, first of all. I'm five foot four. A lot of my pants are too long and I have to roll them up, but when I wear these I'm just tall enough that I don't have too. And they just feel strong. Yeah, even though they're cheap vinyl, I feel strong wearing them. Not tough, precisely...but...like I can get the job done. Whatever job that is. Most of the time the job is just having to go out someplace. I really don't like having to go out places.


No comments:

Post a Comment