Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Change is the only constant

Moss roses in my front yard. Also called portulaca.

Here is a picture of my moss roses. Aren't they lovely? They just bloom and bloom and bloom. I'm so pleased with them.

This picture is HERE instead of being posted to Facebook or Instagram because I turned fifty and decided I'm going to make some changes because my life is not what I want it to be. The first thing I did was downgrade to a flip phone. Know what you can't do with a flip phone? Browse the internet.

Not entirely correct, the flip phones they make now are smart flips, you can technically get on the internet with them but the phone screen is so tiny it's useless.

I had too much input at my fingertips all the time. So I fixed that. Now I have a phone that is mostly just a phone. I can text on it but it's old school texting and a pain in the ass for anything but short messages. 

And on July 18, 2021 I swore off Facebook and Instagram for a year and a day. Those are the only two social media platforms I use. Tik Tok annoyed the hell out of me, and I know I would loathe Twitter. 

On that fateful day...It was a Sunday! I had my daughter change my Facebook password and hide it from me. We didn't have to change the Instagram password, apparently someone in Russia (no fooling, the notice said the attempt was from St. Petersburg, Russia this past May) and Instagram shut that shit down and said I needed to change my password. So I can't even get in to that. I only used it on my phone anyway (my old phone) although I guess it's possible to use in on my laptop too. I deleted the app off the device...it's not a phone anymore because we switched the SIM card, but you can still use it to play games and access the internet. And take photos. I really like taking photos with it. The new flip phone camera is...utilitarian shall we say. Does not take great pictures and no front facing camera, so no selfie temptations.

So my current short term goals are...organize my office (in progress, looking much better, I can use my desk now) and write EVERY DAY. That's it, that's my two hard and fast goals to concentrate on. There is definitely a lot more I want to accomplish, but that's it for now.

I feel like this is a wall of text and I need to break it up with another picture. So...here!

I made these bubbles all by myself! I took the picture too.

I can't figure out how to import the pictures from my (old phone) device to my laptop. You used to be able to connect the phone to the laptop with the USB cable and just access the phone's picture gallery. But now anymore. It can be done, it's just confusing for me now. I'll figure it out. But the point of all this IS....

 This picture is here, because it's not there and I was getting anxious about not being able to share my pretty picture. Will anyone actually see it here? I doubt it. But it has the POTENTIAL to be seen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment