Saturday, October 10, 2020

Once it was autumn, but ain't nobody got time for that. Just say fall, is what I say to myself.

What are we talking about today, hm? I just don't even know. It's quite late, relatively, for me to be writing. We had to go grocery shopping today and honestly it gives me anxiety in the best of times, but I'm anxious about whether or not I should stock up on food. Slowly, over the next few weeks, not in all one crazy run. Spread the crazy out, is what I'm saying. So your crazy does occur simultaneously with other people's crazy. Do your crazy beforehand, in case of post-election insanity, whether it's justifiable insanity or not. I mean...it's food. It's not like we won't use it. 

Really, let's not talk about the insanity. There's more insanity and divisive now than I've ever seen in my life. The earliest presidential election I can remember is when Carter lost to Reagan in 1980, sooooo...I was nine years old. It feels like crazy, apocalyptic times are possible. It's just too much. Let's focus elsewhere and maintain low tones.

I chipped a nail. I need to trim them and I think it's time for some glitter polish. I don't wear polish often, but when I do decide to paint them it's all about the clear glitter polish. With big pieces of glitter. FUN!

Fall 2020

Here's the maple tree in our backyard. Isn't it pretty? It's hard to tell in the picture but when the sun rises and hits it in the early morning light it looks like it's glowing. The camera doesn't really capture the true beauty. 

When I was young I preferred the word autumn for the harvest season because it was different. Fewer people used the word autumn and it felt special. The word fall felt...common. But honestly nowadays I can't be bothered to spell that out, a-u-t-u-m-n. No more pretentious fucks to give anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment