Friday, October 9, 2020

Writing...it's habit forming. But far better for you than coffee and cigarettes.

 I'm going to try for a blog post every single day. Some days I may not have anything interesting to say. I'm trying to decide if it's better to set up the habit to write everyday even if it's boring and just filling in the five minute a day.  Or is it better to save up for the good stuff, not publish unless it's sharp and smooth. Yeah, I know those are opposites. I say what I mean.  

I don't want this to just be a journal. But some days...probably even a lot of days, I'll just be throwing out something I'm thinking about that day, or something that's annoyed me, or just a picture I took that I really like and tell stuff about that.


Like this one...it's my daughter's cat, Toby.
He has a chonk heart!


I take a lot of pictures. Occasionally they're weird, but mostly they're my cats or my garden or selfies. 

I have purple hair. That's a side note. 

I'm thinking...that the "try really, really hard to post every single day, no matter what", even if it's five minutes of stream-of-consciousness flotsam.  

Setting the habit is very important. Writing everyday will make me push myself to produce, rain, shine, flu, depression, WHATEVER. And you can always edit stuff, or use tiny parts of an idea or scene, but you can't EDIT STUFF if you're NOT PRODUCING STUFF.

True story.

Elephant
Here's an elephant I drew today. You're welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment