Thursday, August 19, 2021

No energy for snappy titles...

....I seriously almost typed "no energy for snappy titties" and that's just not where I want to go today. Or any day, honestly, but extra not today.

I've been having trouble getting on task for restarting my book and spent a lot of energy being angry with myself for that, when I realized I've only been off social media for a month. And only this week, I've purged my YouTube subscriptions of anything... um, tense? Controversial? Loud? 

Let's go with anxiety provoking... I purged my YouTube subscriptions of almost all the anxiety provoking stuff...which leaves me with a few history subscriptions and a lot of crafting videos.

So off Facebook and Instagram for a month, strictly reduced YouTube, uh, input? this week. And reduced my news reading. And if you have a problem with not staying up on current events, I kindly direct you to go fuck yourself. I can give you a synopsis of current events that is always relevant: People are being horrible to each other all the time, all over the world, the climate sucks and people are dying because of it, and we are all roller coastering into hell every goddamn minute of our lives. The only unknown is when we will actually hit the gates...I like to imagine hell has gates, just like heaven has gates...and I'd rather remain blissfully ignorant while I try to drag myself into happiness. 

I think I need to draw the gates of hell. I'm intrigued now. 

So I've decided I DO NOT need to be working on my outline immediately. I've spent years getting myself into this creative oubliette, I can't claw my way out of it in a month. So I have assigned myself homework in the the form of restarting The Artist's Way and making that my class. I'm not going to college, but I can make my own homeschool, so doing the twelve week course is a good start. I can move on to The Vein of Gold.

I'm going to finish this or die trying.
juliacameronlive.com

domestika.org
I love that they have
instructors from around
the world.
I can also do courses on Domestika! My first one was Creative Bullet Journal: Planning and Creativity. I'm not really sure how well I did, honestly. It's not like
they're graded or anything, and I really like the collage technique she uses to decorate the different pages, but I also find I have little patience for fluff nowadays. I guess the idea of the course was to encourage people to find their own style to decorate their journals, while I already know my own style and how to decorate and combine colors and find collage materials and I just wanted to know how to do the layout of the journal part. 

I think I'll do okay once I finally settle on how to adapt the ideas to my own style. But it's going to be rough trying to find things in the journal for awhile. Yeah, you can have an Index and tabs and such, but it's still confusing at first.

Tune in another day, when I talk about the pens (Zebra BP! Pilot G2 Limited series! And more!!) I bought recently and how I like pens like some women like accessories.


No comments:

Post a Comment