Friday, August 20, 2021

This is not the movie you're looking for (maybe), but it's still pretty awesome.

 Alas. It seems The Friday Five blog is no more. I am sad. Well, I guess I should have done more of them when I could, hmmmmm? 

And now I have to figure out my own Friday blog idea. Noone is gonna think it up for me!

Shall I tell you how I went to the movies?

The Night House
Searchlight Pictures
I went to the movies. I wanted to see The Night House, but it's not showing near me and it's hard enough to make myself do my Artist's Date. It's good for me and I want to write and Julia Cameron's books have helped thousands of creative people for the reals, but even she says you'll be surprised at how hard it is to keep these dates with yourself. And it is, because even a seven dollar movie ticket feels like too much of a splurge on myself.

I really did want to see it, because I love me some mind-bendy slow-burn horror movie goodness, but my anxiety preferred I not drive an hour for a movie. Hopefully it'll show up on Netflix in six months. Or maybe at the AMC in a month or so.

So instead, I went to see a different mind-bendy sort of movie, it's a sort of sci fi story, in that "twenty minutes in to the future" style. With Hugh Jackman.

I saw Reminiscence. And duuuude, I didn't know this until just this minute looking it up, it was written, directed, and produced by Lisa Joy. Yep, Girl Power. You did really good, lady, really good. It was excellent.

You'll have to look up your own picture of the Hugh Jackman eye-candy in a suit that is the movie poster, because now I'm suddenly bored with this and I really do have to make dinner. It's not delivery...it's DIGIORNO.


No comments:

Post a Comment