Saturday, October 16, 2021

I had a whole thing planned...

I wrote down so many blog ideas since my last blog post. 

And now...here I am! It's Saturday! Time to make a blog post! Be productive!

And I don't know what to do. Or rather, now I don't want to do any of them, at least not today. I'll just post the links I would use to research, how about that?
  • I made polenta and it rocked. Let me tell you about it!
  • I bought a globe and it was exhausting and I wasn't even the driver!
  • I want old fashioned sealing wax for my letters but that's not good for the post office's sorting equipment. Probably.
  • Is it fur or hair? Do animals have fur or hair? When you pet a cat you say you are stroking their fur, but if some of that fur gets on your clothes you say there is cat hair on your clothes. So is it fur or hair? What is the difference and does it really matter?
  • Mist vs. Fog - What is the difference? I thought they came from different directions, but it seems it only looks like that.
  • Lake vs Pond - Does size matter? It's a deep question. Check in later for more vagure sexual innuendo.
  • a lot or alot - What's up with that? Merriam-Webster, bringing the puns while telling you which usage is correct. It's "a lot", by the way.

I wanted to do pictures for each one, but I can't handle that today.

This week has not been a great week. I've had a setback week, a week where it feels like everything is falling apart. It's hard to explain in detail without a long explanation of how my bipolar brain works, so setback week will have to sum it up. 

I feel like I should just stick to my routine no matter how much I feel like I hate it that week. I allowed myself to skip the gym this week and last week--I'm only going to the gym once a week right now. I was feeling so scattered and high anxiety I thought it would just be better if I stayed home and let my mind rest, but I still feel scattered and high anxiety and now I haven't been to the gym in two weeks.

So maybe just stay on schedule no matter what.

Okay. Let's try that.

I did buy a globe. I went to American Science and Surplus and bought a globe.

Afffricaaaaa....


It's a basic political globe, meaning it has all the boundry lines and current names of all the countries. I wanted the kind that had just landforms and elevations so you could feel the mountain ranges and no country borders, but that was too expensive.

And now it's sitting on my the shelf next to the plants, being all globey and cool. Looking at all that water makes me feel better. And seeing the how big the earth is and how small our space in it is...somehow that just makes me feel better. 

I also bought a few stones, including a polished ammonite slice. I like to hold it and look at the spirals, somehow it just makes me feel calmer.

My slice was not this perfect, but it works for me.


So, that is the Saturday blog post. Maybe I'll go out to the movies.


PS--these two photos were nicked from the American Science and Surplus website.


No comments:

Post a Comment