Thursday, October 7, 2021

Living up to the past is really unnecessary and probably impossible.

I feel like I should write a blog post every day because I need to train my brain to write even when I don't feel like it, but I spend far too much time looking for images and then falling into the time suck of rereading my old blog posts and thinking, "Hey, that was a good idea, why didn't I keep doing that!" Or "hey, remember when we used to do that and we loved it? Why aren't we still doing that?"

And then I'm sad. Then I have to work my way out of sadness and dangit that takes up too much time. 

Maybe daily blog writing is not for me. I shall assign a blog updates to a week day. Maybe Saturday? Saturday or Sunday. One of those. And FIRMLY remind myself NOT to read old blog entries, I don't care how interesting you thought you were in the past, we want to write books, see? And we can't efficiently learn to do that when we're sad. 

Stop changing voice, it's sloppy.

And I think she would know.

I tried to verify this quote, but could only find it on other lists of quotes. So I don't know if Martina actually said this, but as platitudes go it's less platitudey than most.

So, this week's update is taken care of (twice) and next Saturday will be recorded in the bullet journal as the day to blog. This Saturday (or Sunday) my daughter and I are going to American Science and Surplus to buy a globe and just because it's darn fun and interesting there. 

I'd like to have walls full of world maps, but lets start with a globe. Then you can see how and where the continents and rivers and such lie on the planet. Lay? How they're situated. Earth is tilted on its axis is what I mean and some places aren't where you might think they are.

Globe photo from American Science and Surplus website.


No comments:

Post a Comment