Wednesday, October 6, 2021

...and it makes me giggle every time.

I realized yesterday that I haven't made a blog post in some time. It was much less some time than some of my previous not making a blog post in some time times, but nevertheless it was still an amount of time that was longer than the shorter amount of time I wanted it to be. Do you follow me? Good.

See, the blog isn't really supposed to be A Big Important Thing For Writing, it's supposed to be a number of smaller things. For writing, yes, but not writing big, important things...for the habit of writing and putting it out there. I do currently write on a regular basis, but right now it's mostly course work or journaling. The blog is for putting myself out there. How can I, one day, be brave enough to send my work to a literary agent if I can't even put my words into a blog that 99.99% of visitors find because Dorothy Parker said something clever one time and now people use the internet to figure it out where it comes from and what it might mean?

I've been trying to heal my brain, I think I told you, so no Facebook and no Instagram and I never did Twitter anyway, but I am still indulging in YouTube because their is some really interesting, intelligent, and fun content there and if you're lucky it happens all at once. And on days when I'm having issues, it really helps to have something to distract me that is all those things, and this week I've had Bill Wurtz on heavy rotation. The man is a gift to us and his history of the entire world, i guess is the best video ever. EVER. I really like most of his videos (his songs are really cool) but I actually start missing this video if I haven't watched it in a while.

Creative Property of Bill Wurtz
Thank you, Bill, for just being yourself and letting us join you sometimes.


No comments:

Post a Comment