Monday, January 2, 2017

Life imitating art. Poorly, it's a poor imitation. 'Cause I'm not the real Slim Shady.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Janine, any calls? 

Janine Melnitz: No. 

Dr. Peter Venkman: Any messages? 

Janine Melnitz: No. 

Dr. Peter Venkman: Any customers? 

Janine Melnitz: No, Dr. Venkman. 

Dr. Peter Venkman: It's a good job, huh? 

[Janine smiles] 

Dr. Peter Venkman: Type something, will you? We're paying for this stuff. And don't stare at me, you got the bug-eyes! [pause] 

Dr. Peter Venkman: Janine, sorry about the bug-eyes thing. I'll be in my office.


____________________________________________________________________

This is how I feel when I look at my blog stats sometimes. I know I have to keep moving, keep writing, but it's depressing knowing that only my husband and my mother and maybe a few other family and friends are reading my new content. I'm funny, damn it!

But I am the number one Google return for the Dorothy Parker quote "time doth flit meaning". You have to have include 'meaning' to get my blog at the top of the list. I'm above Goodreads and Quotes.net. 

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

It all comes back to Bill Murray. I feel the need to make a Groundhog Day reference to make it a prime number set of Murray movie references. I like prime numbers. Hmmmm...how about Phil Connors living the same damn day over and over until he gets it right? I'm getting the same damn stat returns day after day. I'm not getting it right somehow, because people aren't sticking around for the REAL entertainment. They check out one page and they're off. Which I can respect. They have priorities! But I don't get many hits for other types of keywords. I don't have any constant readers.

And...we're back to Dorothy Parker -- so I guess it doesn't all come back to Bill Murray. 


"Parker adopted the moniker “Constant Reader” when she wrote book reviews for The New Yorker in the late 1920s and early 1930s, and was known for her humor, wit, and vicious critiques of second- and third-rate novels." -- Our Favorite Lines from Dorothy Parker’s Most Scathing Reviews, Kathleen Massara | August 22, 2011

Ah, I'm supposed to be the Constant Reader. Perhaps my problem is I don't post critiques of second-and third-rate novels. Yeah, that ain't happenin'. Life is too short to read crap fiction on a regular basis. I have things to do.

I have....priorities.

So I will remain Corpus Callosum. My name is -- What? Not Slim Shady. So I can't stand up. Which is okay, because I have Morning Pages to do. 

Above: Not me. Although some days I feel very dichotomous, like Mister Em there.

No comments:

Post a Comment