Wednesday, August 10, 2022

When you need a vacation but you don't want to travel to the vacation.


We're going to the Humongous Fungus Festival in Michigan.

I want to go. I actually asked to go. I haven't been on a vacation, an actual vacation where you just go to have fun and no other reason, in...I don't know five years? More?

But I don't want to travel. I don't like driving or riding long distances. A long distance is more than twenty minutes for me. I don't want to sleep in a bed that's not mine. I don't want to leave my cats. We have a house-sitter we trust; I just don't want to leave them. I don't want to leave my garden. I'll water tonight, but what if it gets really hot? 

But I really do want to go to the festival.



These are not Michigan mushrooms. I took this picture in 2015, I think. I tried to find my drawing of a fairy ring but this is what you get. Aren't they cute? They were so delicate.

We're leaving tomorrow and I've procrastinated because if I don't prepare I won't really have to go, right? No, that's not how it works and now have a huge list of stuff to do today. We're leaving tomorrow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment