Friday, August 21, 2015

I don't live in Blood Gulch.

I've been trying and trying and trying to get the list of study guide and research topics that I wrote in Word to paste over to this format and it always ends up NOT RIGHT AT ALL. Plus I really don't have time to look for so many pictures and a plain list is bor-ing.

I do have other things I have to do today.

Write about someone who is pretending to be someone or something he is not. - The Pocket Muse: Ideas & Inspirations for Writing, Monica Wood

Pretending to be someone or something he OR SHE is not.

Yeah, Imma get pissy with it.

Huh.  A complex topic. Not cooperative with my desire to write something shorter. Really, doesn't almost everyone do this to some degree, pretend at something.

And what does it mean, pretending? Deliberately trying to fool people for personal gain, as in faking credentials? Or faking more interest in a person than you really feel because you want them to have sex with you? A scam artist? What is pretending versus adapting and not telling anyone, forcing yourself to adapt to a situation or situations when being your real self (and thus dealing with people's reactions to this real self) would be more detrimental to your physical and/or mental well being than just chameleoning? (I made a new word. Shut up.) Faking opinions? Faking religion? Faking happiness? Faking interest in completely inane conversation?

Church doesn't pretend.
Pvt. Leonard Church, Red Vs. Blue
Image property of Bungie.
Dialogue property of  Rooster Teeth.
I know I do some of these things. As an extreme introvert, an extremely sarcastic person, and a person with a mood disorder there are many situations that are uncomfortable for me. Or seem just plain ridiculous. Or inane. Or pointless. Or mentally draining.

But how many times have I heard that it seems I don't like people? That I'm stuck up.

Okay, I don't want to think about this anymore. That's my five minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment