Sunday, August 23, 2015

Less-than-remarkable...

Write about a less-than-remarkable aspect of your life. - The Pocket Muse: Ideas & Inspirations for Writing, Monica Wood

Heh, heh...less-than-remarkable, hm?

Yeah, I'm sick of writing that with the hyphens now. Well, a large portion of my life is unremarkable. I'd say most people's lives are mostly unremarkable.


Unremarkable from  the outside view.

Life can be interesting if you make it so. My brain is permanently set on "make it interesting" and I tend to say absurd things occasionally. I'm sort of a fun person. I can't help it; it's only because regular life is boring and my mind needs more and will make more if it can't find more just lying around.

Hm, I'm not really following the prompt, am I? I'm bad at following the rules when I think they're irrelevant. Of course, if I think the rule is relevant and someone else doesn't and they don't follow it (like talking about politics in the break room...I FUCKING HATE THAT) I get really annoyed. Or even kinda mad. And pedantic.

Self-editing is good. Helps you from getting off track. I just self-edited three different sentences here that were off track and would lead to ranting. There's a time and place for ranting, this ain't it.  I have to go to work in a bit.

I found this on a Google search for "unremarkable". I couldn't find the owner.
I think it's pretty freakin' awesome myself. Mysterious. Is that a lake or an ocean, do you think?


So, I guess I can't write about being unremarkable if I don't feel unremarkable because I do not allow "unremarkable" to be the status quo.

I used Latin! I AM SUPER PROUD OF MYSELF!!!!

(See what I mean?)

No comments:

Post a Comment