Saturday, September 5, 2015

Clackety-clack-clack, how I love the sound of my own fingers machine-gunning away at the keyboard.

Motivation. I don't haz it.
Check the video at the link, I'm not the only one using that metaphor.
I'm mildly surprised, but there is no new thing under the sun.
Old Fort Typewriter Co.

I can't get motivated to write today. Write as an exercise I mean, with a prompt from one of my books.

The television is on in the background and it's grating on my nerves, dear god, how many times can a person watch the same damn Teen Titans episode? But said person was very prompt about her chores this week and helped me a lot on Friday without complaining once.

The laundry is laundering. The dirty dishes are sitting. The cat pan needs cleaning. The cat needs feeding. The unorganized stuff...bills and receipts and sewing things...need organizing. I need to order some massage supplies and there is a book that I feel is important to order today. The dust is gathering the and the floors refuse to sweep and vacuum themselves, lazy bastards.

I have tai chi class today and maybe karate class. On Wednesday night, during advanced MMA class, while sparring with one of my instructors, I got a very solid knee to the left ribcage. Fucker hurt like hell, I wanted to push through, just baby it and keep sparring because in a real fight (meaning if someone attacked me) I wouldn't get the option to stop. But I had to stop, the pain was too sharp. I tried switching to southpaw but it was no good, I had to stop for the night. I hate stopping. And I didn't even get a decent bruise to show for it!

That was Wednesday night and I had to work Thursday at Unnamed Massage Therapy Franchise Clinic but I took off Friday at the chiropractor. I rested a good part of Friday morning and then did errands the rest of the day, with my step-daughter to help me.  But I feel lazy not even going for a walk. I'm itching to get on the mats so I'm hoping I can at least go through the motions at karate class, to keep up my muscle memory.

So...little motivation to do a proper writing exercise. I'll have a bitch of a time getting started but then I'll finally get into it and then I'll have to get ready for tai chi class at 9 am and that's half an hour from now.

But here is my "at least five minutes" exercise. I've been writing in my paper journal on the days I didn't have time to sit down at the computer. Clackety-clack-clack, I love that sound.

Okay. What I DO have motivation for is to get some of the household stuff done (mentioned above) this morning before I have to get ready.

~Ernest Hemingway
Somebody else knows exactly what I'm talking about.
Hemingway knows exactly what I'm talking about.
Except I like my sounds, they're not ugly.
Type-writer.org


No comments:

Post a Comment