Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Gunpowder, gelatine, dynamite with a laser beam...

...guaranteed to blow your mind.

But will it blow my writer's block? 'Cause I'm getting desperate here, people. Maybe some C-4?

This. Not even a whisper. Not even a tiniest of ideas, even for back story.

Finally I thought, "I need a change of scenery. That will probably help." I had planned on Monday to get up to Starbucks and try there.

That didn't happen. I did write that day, but it wasn't at Starbucks and it wasn't my story. It was journaling. I had some dreams the night before that seemed significant. That needed to be worked through. I thought they might be about my block. I decided they sort of were, from the standpoint that I'm having an extreme unrelated brain distraction that all my usual tricks aren't fixing. It just keeps roaring through my mind like an endless bullet train, every car filled with the same thing. Except being on a straight line track, it's circling me. My characters are on the other side. I can't get to them and they can't get to me.

Neither dream was about a train. But actually the second dream may be related. I was being circled by cobra, trapped. Just before the end of the dream it struck with gaping fangs, it was inches from my hand. In that blurry millionth of a second before it hit I knew many things (which I put into my journal but don't care to include here). I woke up just before the fangs sank into my hand. I just thought of that because I just came up with that train analogy.

I'm writing. I've been typing this entry for over half an hour. It's just not my story.

Some writing is better than no writing,
Keeping the habit, hearing those keys firing like bullets.
It does improve my mood.
Monday was journaling. Tuesday was a scheduled appointment which took a fair part of the afternoon, but I had the morning and I was just there as support and driver. I could've made notes. I even had my notebooks. No excuse there. Today I'm going to have lunch with my son, that's an hour drive there and back and then make dinner and then go to MA class. At least I'm doing this blog entry for today.

Thursday. Tomorrow is another day. This too shall pass and let's hope tomorrow kicks it into gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment