Sunday, October 25, 2015

Friday 5 for Oct. 23, 2015 - Consumables

Friday 5 on Sunday because I only have twenty minutes before my next client and I need to get in morning writing practice. Can I do this? If I leave out the pictures, maybe.

What dehydrated foods (meant to be consumed that way) do you enjoy?

What level of enjoyment are we talking? I can eat meat jerky of most kinds. It tastes good. But it gets stuck in my teeth and I don't like the aftertaste of the spices. Can jerky be made without the spices? I'll have to look that up.

Dried fruit. I really like dried fruit. All kinds, but dried cherries and peaches are the best. You have to watch that though, even with no added sugar the naturally occurring sugar content is high.

What’s your favorite dish made by stuffing one food with another?

Hm. Cheese and mushroom ravioli. I don't know if that's my favorite, but it's pretty good. Blue cheese stuffed hamburgers are very, very good.

What’s your favorite dish made by rolling something up?

Hm...favorite. Cinnamon rolls, maybe. Enchiladas! Cheese and green chile enchiladas. But not enchiladas and cinnamon rolls in the same meal. That does not sound appetizing at all.

What’s a meal you frequently consume primarily because the cleanup is quick?

Toast. I eat way too much toast. And a quick sort of quesadilla, where I take a small whole wheat tortilla and sprinkle it with shredded cheese and melt it in the microwave.

Raw vegetables fruit are very fast prep and cleanup too.

What’s a food that’s made much better because of what you sprinkle on it?

Hm. Popcorn is terribly bland without salt, but not inedible. I'd say it's much better with salt. But not too much. I love old-school popcorn. I make it on the stove top. I'm really good at it. I taught my step-daughter how to do it, she makes it all the time. I have a special way of making it. I'm not giving it away. My step-father taught me how to do it. Actually, I just watched him and copied, I don't think there was any formal lesson involved.

Ha! Two minutes to spare!

No comments:

Post a Comment