Friday, October 30, 2015

Leap before you look, because the ground is a long way down and you'll just psyche yourself out.

I just signed up for NANOWRIMO.

I have now terrified myself.

I am crying. I am that terrified.

Okay, I've stopped now. But I'll start again in a few minutes. Hey, I have today and tomorrow to get over this.

I may need to throw up at some point. I'll let you know if that happens.

Well, my fortune cookie did tell me to stop worrying and take a chance. I just wrote about it yesterday. Even the title for that post, which I just sort of threw up there from my subconscious, is a sort of the essence of what NANOWRIMO is supposed to be about. "Don't mind the dull bits. They can be buffed out."

Calculated, if I can write just 1667 words a day, I can get to 50,000 by the end of the month. That's the goal, a rough draft of 50,000 words.

1667 words a day. Practically nothing.

Yeah, let's think positive. Sixteen hundred sixty-seven words a day is practically nothing. I have over 8,000 in notes already. That's approximately sixteen percent finished! Yay!

You probably won't see me again for a month. Everything else has to be put on hold, including SCA research.  Morning writing practice won't be posted anymore, because shit just got REAL.






No comments:

Post a Comment