Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Seven Thought Provoking Questions...is it too late to ask them?

Always so hard to get started.
Questions taken from 101 Thought Provoking Questions to Ask Yourself Before It's Too Late, although they're not much different from the questions on any of the other page results that showed up when I googled "deep thought questions."
1. Do you like who you are?
Um...I guess. Mostly. Wait, okay, so should this be a total honesty thing? Or a positive affirmation self-esteem building thing? Am I supposed to tell how I feel now or how I feel I ought to feel, and in so saying how I feel I ought to feel, affirm it until I actually believe it.
Wow, we jumped deep right off, eh?
I like some things about myself. Like...what does that mean, really? Let's go for a specific definition here. Liketo enjoy (something), to get pleasure from (something), to regard (something) in a favorable way, to feel affection for (someone), to enjoy being with (someone). 
I have a hard time liking myself, because I know there's room for improvement. There are things I don't mind about myself, but I can't say I actually like or dislike them. For example: I'm a woman. It can be annoying on many levels but also there's good stuff. But I can't say I either like or dislike being a woman. It's a genetic roll of the dice.

I like my hair, it's curly and pretty, even though it takes a lot of effort when it grows out. But that's a genetic roll of the dice too, it's not like I picked it.

I like being creative, but I fear it too. Because so far I haven't done a lot with it. Nothing of substance anyway. Does it count as a like if I'm also afraid of it?
There's a number of things I really don't like about myself. REALLY don't like. But for some reason, I'm not inclined to change many of them. Seriously really not inclined, like (ha) I just don't care that I'm severely impatient and judgmental in my head. I try not to be out loud. Mostly I succeed.

This answer isn't really going anywhere, is it. I'm just coming off confused and vague. Moving on.
2. What would people say about you at your funeral?
I don't know. I'll be dead, does it matter? Probably how I liked to cook but also it always looked like a tornado blew through the kitchen when I did a big cooking project. Also that I like video games. And reading. And writing.
Also I don't know that I want a funeral, not in a funeral home at least. Can you just have a party? Good lord, don't waste money on a coffin, I want to be cremated. Or planted in a tree pod, or something else green, no embalming. Or donated to the forensic anthropological research facility at the University of Tennessee. In my head I call it the Death Farm.
How the hell am I supposed to know what they'd really say? I'm not in their heads. I certainly wouldn't want anyone to be in my super impatient and judgmental head, so why would they want me in theirs? They wouldn't.

You're pissing me off, Question 2! Moving on.
3. What would you regret not doing in your life?
Not doing?

If I understand the question correctly, it's asking is there something I've done that if I hadn't done it I'd regret not doing it?

How do I...or would I...know if I should regret it if I didn't do it? Or...I mean...I did it, but if I didn't do it I wouldn't know what the experience was, so how do I know if I should regret....
This question is stupid.
4. What’s the wisest thing you have ever heard someone say?
I can't really remember the wisest thing. Maybe it narrows it down if I confine it to things I've actually heard a real person say, in real life and not on television or in a movie.
But I still can't remember anything. I have a tendency to blank under pressure.
5. What lessons in life did you learn to hard way?
All of them? If it wasn't hard I wouldn't have learned it. Hard is relative.

Hm. seems I have to cut these fascinating questions short. Time to go home. So you only get five questions. Do you feel ripped off, since I promised seven? What is that about, the need for lists of things nowadays? Are there people who decide what they'll read based on the number of things claimed in the title?

No comments:

Post a Comment