Monday, October 5, 2015

Whereupon words did flow...for a bit anyway.

Here it is, Monday. Okay, let's write!!

Block. Block. Block.

Block.

Movie Monday. Let's make today a movie Monday. 

This is not a review of a movie. I'm doing a lot of typing and deleting right now. Trying to write without spewing nonsense. Last week I managed to get down the preliminary notes for the nine main books I want to write and one of those book ideas will have to be broken up into at least three to four volumes. Now that everything is down on paper...so to speak, I did actually print out the notes, so they are down on paper...Now that the notes are not just whooshing around in my head but set down, I'm sort of scared. It's sort of, "oh, hey look. I really do have a lot of ideas and a lot of ideas about those ideas and some scenes and even some actual plot. Oh shit, now I have to start putting all that together."

Upon googling "Monday block" this is one of the images that came up.
It's pretty and gives me ideas. I'm keeping it.
Sweet Briar Women's College, Amherst Co.,Virginia
The more I write, the more I want to do nothing but write. But I don't live alone and write for a living. I have a house and family to take care of and an outside job. Yes, I know there are writers who did all of those things, who were able to partition their brains and get writing done at a set time and focus on family and work at other times. Well, writing consumes me, when I'm writing at a good pace, with the ideas and words flowing well, everything else just sort of fades away. The rest of it is all a pale dream, people move around in the background and events happen but none of it seems to have anything to do with me and my story.

I've been thinking about getting out of the house to write. See, today is my Quiet Monday. Sunday is my long day at the clinic and it ends a long week (every week is a long week) and Mondays are supposed to be recuperation days. I stay in my pajamas and piddle around the house and catch up on whatever needs to be caught up on. Also it's the new beginning of the week. But Mondays are also the one day a week I have a large chunk of time to write. I'm wondering if I should go to a coffee house and just ensconce myself at a table and write for hours.

Word of the day!
Problem with that is...that won't help my brain reset. Going out of the house I mean. I need to stay as far away from other people as possible for most of the day.

Also, it really won't help my brain reset if I don't get anything done on Monday that needs to be done (like laundry and bread baking and dish washing and letter writing) because then I'll just have to deal with it later in the week.

I'm supposed to be talking about a movie. I've sort of lost interest in that now. Sigh.

Okay, I'm just pushing too hard. I'm looking at the hugeness of the forest and wondering how the hell I'm going to get through instead of looking at the path that's right in front of me. Now that the notes are down I don't need to rush. Just work on the notes some more! The notes are currently all together in one document. I'll start breaking them up into separate files now.

But first I'm going to put a load of laundry in and start the breadmaker. Tasty homemade rolls, mmmm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment