Monday, August 19, 2013

C25K - Week Three, Day One

Couch to 5K – Week three, Day one

I want to get going and yet I don’t. What is that about?
Today starts (at least) two repetitions 90 seconds running/90 seconds walking – 3 minutes running/3 minutes walking.
I went out without music again today. My brain and body are still far too over stimulated by the past weekend. Four hours of a very crowded renaissance faire in the heat on Saturday (nearly four hours of driving total there and back again), a grocery shopping trip on Sunday morning followed by a trip to the farm for dinner with TheMan’s mom Sunday afternoon (left at 1:30 pm and didn’t get home until 9:30 pm). That’s a very full weekend for an extreme introvert like me. No music this morning.
Things went well. I didn’t feel the extreme exhilaration I felt on Saturday morning but I did feel a happy sense of accomplishment at being able to do three repetitions of the training schedule.  About the time I got back to the driveway my shins finally stopped that pulling feeling – which I think means they were finally adjusted and could’ve gone further, but my left hip was putting up a tiny protest. No pain, just a bit of pulling that said, “Don’t push it.” And well, I was at the driveway.
Now I’m starving! And I have to walk TheDaughter to school in about ten minutes, that’s bonus walking!
Today is an inside day, a recharge day. An all to myself day. Except for having to go out later and get sandwich meat and cheese which I forgot to purchase Sunday morning. But other than that it’s all for me.

1 comment:

  1. Try to "fuel" yourself within 30 to 60 minutes of a run. The fuel should have carbohydrates and protein in a roughly 2:1 ratio. There are expensive sports drinks that do this but a glass of chocolate skim milk usually has what you need.

    ReplyDelete