Friday Five time!
- What’s something non food-related you have to go to a nearby town to do because the town where you live doesn’t have it?
|Alas, C'est pas vrai.|
I just moved to a very small town, so that’s nearly everything. There’s a gas station, a library, a tiny post office. Oh…and oddly enough, a candle store and distribution center, 1803 Candle Co. But the drug store, grocery store, hair salons, movie theaters, bookstores, game stores…all in the next towns.
- What’s something you go to a nearby town to do because your town’s version of it isn’t as good?
Yep, again, nearly everything.
|We do have a really sweet clock tower.|
- What’s something people in nearby towns come to your town to do?
|Not pictured: He Who Walks Behind the Rows|
- In what way are residents of a nearby town different from residents in your town?
Hm, I live fifteen minutes from Dekalb, IL. That’s where NIU is located. I’m thinking Dekalb is gonna have a higher percentage of liberals.
|Look at 'em. Rabble rousers!|
- Many towns give themselves nicknames, like “______ Capital of America” or “America’s ___________est Town” or “Home of __________.” What would be a good nickname along these lines to give the town where you live?
"Home of Monsanto…hardly any poison, we swear."